The summer is full swing, and it's getting hotter each day.
What better way to stay cool and focused than with a delicious batch of
"Black Coffee Cold Brew."
Before I continue this post, I must acknowledge that this recipe was crafted by our resident Brew Master @LeonardLightfoot .....so if you don't like the recipe, blame him! j/k
Now I know ya'll probably have a few thoughts/questions, like;
Isn't Cold Brew difficult to make? ....NO!
Cant I just make my coffee the regular way and chill it or pour it over ice? ...NO!!
Doesn't Cold Brew contain unhealthy additives like sugar or syrups?? .....Heck NO!!!
There are no additives unless YOU add them!!!
Furthermore, according to a recent studies, cold-brewed coffee is 67 percent less acidic than hot-brewed. Without all that acid, the burnt flavor that plagues hot-brewed coffee is eliminated. Plus, the reduced acid makes it healthier for your stomach and your teeth.
With all that said, lets get to work brewing the perfect batch of "#BlackCoffee Cold Brew."
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Coffee Beans (#BlackCoffee Brand Preferred)
Reusable Coffee/Tea Bags or Cold Brew Filters**
Mason Jar or Pitcher
Filtered or Bottled Water
7 Steps to "#BlackCoffee Cold Brew"
1. Set your grinder to its most coarse setting
2. You’ll brew at a ratio of 4:1. Four cups of water to one cup of coffee beans
3. Your cup of coffee will have a cleaner, sweeter flavor if you use filtered or bottled water
4. Load the ground coffee into the bag, clinch it closed
5. Place loaded bag into jar, pour filtered water into jar, seal and steep for at least 20 hours on counter/refrigerator
6. Remove bag from the Jar/Pitcher
7. Enjoy As Is!!!*
*(Feel free to add ice cubes, creamer, and whatever else you fancy!)
Now that you have our special "#BlackCoffee Cold Brew" Recipe, it is time for ya'll to get brewing!!!
We hope you enjoyed this tutorial or that you found it useful.
Feel free to leave us a comment and let us know how it worked out for you and what didn't!!